Missouri City is expediently situated only minutes from downtown Houston as well as all the services the cosmopolitan region has to provide. It is adjacent to key freeways, railway lines, the Harbor of Houston, and Hobby and Bush Airports. Missouri’s strategic locality connects its commerce industry with clients everywhere around the country and the world.
The name Missouri exceeds 120 years. The city got its inception as a marketing tool. The roots of the tag existed from 1890, when freehold financiers M. Cash and L. Luckel purchased four sq. miles of property south of Houston aiming to subdivide it and vend it as estates to folks from the Midwest and North to purchase and improve.
Some years later Luckel and Cash initiated their marketing drive, W.R. McElroy purchased 80 acres adjacent to their parcel of land and started a parallel sales drive. McElroy would then be the first person to name the region "Missouri City."
Missouri City is located in Fort Bend Region, 14 miles South-west of Houston. It is a constituent of Houston-Sugar Land cosmopolitan region. It comprises the master-planned classy community so-called Lake Olympia. Missouri is opportunely situated adjacent to primary rail lines and freeways. It assists as a suburb for Houston. The metropolis has a lesser expanse of apartment developments and condos than other municipalities of similar size. Trade and service provision are key industries.
Missouri City nearby Attractions
Missouri City is predominantly a district. Residents relish the activities and attractions of Houston. Various prominent attractions in the region include:
- Fort Bend County show and Livestock exhibition is a ten days occasion which comprises a procession, rides, and several other activities. It is one of the prime county funfairs in the state.
- Fort Bend County Gallery features displays of the olden times such as the Dottie L. Moore and John M. Home a Reestablishment era mansion.
- Fort Bend Auditorium provides family entertainment.
- George Rancho Historical Gardens offers perception on the standard of living during the initial days of the county and comprises the distinguished Victorian Davis House.
- Great Southwest Riding Center provides horse events and shows that include a stunning Southern mansion.
- Rosenberg Railway Museum offers info about the olden times of the railway in the county and comprises relics and equipment.
Eatries In Missouri
Houston BBQ Restaurants & Catering
Since 1963 Hickory Inn has catered to the Houston area with savory barbecue. Its customers adore its amenities and warmth and relish their home-style cooking. Usually they use only the newest ingredients making their diet second to none.
Therefore whether it’s Sliced Beef Baker, their fall-off-the-bone Baby Vertebral Ribs or Gentle Smoked Grill Brisket or any other delicious elements, be sure that you’ll get a Great Texas Roast at a reasonable price.
Red Oak Grill
Red Oak Catering is aware that healthy is delightful. They created a carte du jour solely for cuisine to provide you the finest American Mediterranean selections for your subsequent special occasion. Menu is intended entirely for your special occasion of 20+ visitors.
Trays of Customary Favorites: Appetizers & Verges, Salads, Skewers, Wraps & Snacks, Puddings & Munchies
New Bits and pieces: Pasta, Vegetables & Fruit Trays
They also offer the following on request: Seafood, Fajitas and Baked Potatoes.